Forum

Forum  Chroniques  Punk / hardcore 

Oh Captain! My Captain!

Nouveau sujet   Répondre

Bas de pagePages : 1  
MariaRangers
Nouveau membre
3 messages postés
   Posté le 27-05-2024 à 05:11:35   Voir le profil de MariaRangers (Offline)   Répondre à ce message   Envoyer un message privé à MariaRangers   

As the baseball season is coming to a close, I have actually been viewing a growing number of football - largely the Premier League. One aspect that intrigues me is the function of a group captain: it is an honorable placement with clear weight in Manuel Margot Shorts the storage locker room and on the field. This led me back to baseball and a peek at the history of captains on the ruby. In the late-1800s and early-1900s, captains were widespread, usually satisfying duties now held by supervisors. As duties changed and baseball adjusted, captains became much less and less pertinent. By 1977, then The golden state Angels' captain Jerry Remy discussed this adjustment: "there's possibly no demand for a captain on a significant league group. I believe there are individuals who lead by instance. You could call the finest gamer on your group as captain, but he may not be the person other players will speak to or who will quietly go to various other players and give them a prod." That, normally, led me to 2023 and our Minnesota Twins. This previous season, there were just 2 captains in Big league Baseball: Aaron Judge of the Yankees and Salvador Perez of the Royals. Having just a pair captains at once has actually prevailed throughout the league considering that the 70s and 80s. When it comes to the Doubles, they have only had one official captain in their history: Harmon , hypothetically, if we returned back to 100 years ago, what would certainly that appear like in the Doubles clubhouse? If applied to baseball, former commander of the American War Of Independence John Paul Jones flawlessly defined the captain's role: "A captain of the Navy ought to be a male of strong and well-connected sense Twins Store, with a bearable great education and learning, a gentleman, along with a seaman both theoretically and technique." Not just need to the captain of a team be a top quality baseball player yet one that comprehends the game and composes himself well off the simple choices are Carlos Correa and Byron Buxton as the veteran leaders. Sonny Gray and Pablo Lopez on the pitching side also make good sense. Who would certainly you classify as the 2023 Minnesota Double captain?PollThird in line for the Minnesota's Twins "Captain" title?

--------------------
Maria Rangers
Haut de pagePages : 1  

Forum  Chroniques  Punk / hardcore  Oh Captain! My Captain!Nouveau sujet   Répondre

Identification rapide :         

Divers
Imprimer ce sujet
Aller à :   

créer forum